Hillary is getting rave reviews for her speech last night, but I was a bit less impressed. When she came out and during the first 2/3 of her speech, it seemed to me she was noticeably more subdued than she was during the primaries, which is both surprising and not so surprising. Surprising in that she should be plenty rested, but not at all surprising since she had worked so hard to be the Thursday night speaker instead, and disappointed that she came up short. But towards the end of the speech she really got some momentum and fed off the energy of the crowd. Overall I think she accomplished the "unity" goal. I give her a B-.Funniest soundbite: "Sisterhood of the traveling pantsuits"
Lamest soundbite: "No way, no how, no McCain."
Best quote #1: "I want you to ask yourselves: Were you in this campaign just for me, ... or were you in it for all the people in this country who feel invisible?"
Best quote #2: "It makes perfect sense that George Bush and John McCain will be together next week in the Twin Cities, because these days they're awfully hard to tell apart."
P.S. How great does Chelsea look? Lovely!
1 comment:
You have the funniest and lamest reversed my friend. I thought it was great: A-
Post a Comment