Friday, June 13, 2008

No More Whiteboards...

This one was a shocker: Tim Russert had a fatal heart attack today. I was a big fan of his. "Meet the Press" was the only political show I always enjoyed watching, mostly because of his practice to "learn as much as you can about your guest’s positions and take the other side." In that way, he became the voice for the common (sense) man sitting across from the political elite. I'll always remember staying up until 2:30 AM on Election Night (morning?) in 2000 watching him make such creative use of a little whiteboard (which is now in the Smithsonian). Those on both sides of the aisle respected him, although I'm sure some of them grudgingly.

Just 2-3 weeks ago I subscribed to the "Meet the Press" podcasts to listen to on my iPhone. So disappointing that I won't be hearing his voice any longer. May this unashamed Buffalo Bills fan rest in peace.

No comments: