Sunday, November 13, 2005

A-B-C Bath

One of my tasks most evenings is giving Sara Sue a bath. It has turned into one of my favorite things to do. We have our little rituals that we do each time and we make each other laugh. A while ago my sister Lauren mailed us some bath toys including numbers and letters that will stick to tiles or the side of the bath when wet. Sara Sue loves them, and she now knows 15-20 letters and a few numbers in large part because of them. Of course the not-so-fun part of the bath happens after she goes to bed, when I have to gather them all up and put them in the pail we keep next to the tub. I don't mind doing it, but it's a bit hard on my back and knees. But tonight, lo and behold, when I started the process of getting her out of the tub, she just started picking up the letters and numbers and putting them in the pail herself. I stood there stunned - WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!?! And I realized that this was the first occasion of likely many to come when my daughter showed she is more clever than her Papa.

No comments: