Sunday, October 17, 2004

Unconditional Love

I could stare at my baby daughter for days on end. First of all, she’s beautiful. I have only half-jokingly mentioned to my wife that we should sign her up for baby modeling. If I had any desire to have her grow up with anorexia, I would do it. Second, I enjoy all of her facial expressions, even when she gets upset. Her smile melts my heart and almost brings me to tears. Her curious gaze all around her when her eyes get real big makes me wonder if she’ll be as inquisitive as her mom is. That is likely, much to my delight. If the kid grows up to be lazy like me, she probably won’t have fulfilled her potential. Third, I just wonder what life has in store for her. Will she be a geek? A jock? A brainiac? An addict? A class president? A class clown? A criminal? A cancer patient? A cancer survivor? A wife? Mom? ALL OF THE ABOVE? But at the end of all my speculation, the only thing I know is that none of it really matters. She’s my daughter, and I’m in love with her.

No comments: