Saturday, October 09, 2004
Belching, etc.
You know you’re in comfortable company when you can belch freely. Of course it’s all cultural – a belch in certain countries is considered a compliment. Sometimes I wish I lived in that country. Is there a country where expelling gas freely is considered acceptable? I can’t imagine this, but it’s a large planet and I’m sure a country like this exists someplace. Of course, if such a country does exist, it is likely that bathing and utilizing toilet facilities is optional, so I’m probably not too interested in visiting. How about someplace where picking one’s nose is commonplace? Some might argue that the United States is such a place. It seems that whenever I’m on some sort of extended road trip I always notice at least one or two passing motorists who just can’t wait for a tissue to get some snot out. I feel I must own up to the fact that a finger does occasionally find its way into my ample proboscis when my breathing is affected and I just can’t continue functioning without taking some action. Should I be ashamed? Well, I’m not proud of this practice, but neither will I change. I rarely do it in public, and it’s a free country, right? Well, mostly. But of course since it is a free country then people are also free to mock and ridicule me to their hearts’ content. I will accept this consequence. At least until I can’t take it anymore and I mow them all down with my Uzi. In an Uzi-friendly country, naturally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment