Dear Sara Sue:
After a very full and fun summer, at long last today was your first day of First Grade. As I predicted a year ago, you were a complete success in Kindergarten: you excelled in all areas, especially how you quickly became a terrific reader almost overnight. You continued to nurture your creative side in your art classes as well as with your ballet lessons and performances. And best of all you became a leader in your class. We're not sure you even have any concept of this, but we know from other parents that their kids love being in your class and spending time with you. Your Mom & I simply could not be prouder of you.
First Grade seems like a pretty significant step. I mean, I guess it is the first of 12 stops along the way to leaving the nest and really forging your own path in life. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. First let's solidify all that good foundation that was laid in Mrs. Langlois's class last year - more reading, spelling, more challenging math, and just generally growing in knowledge. You're clearly such a bright girl, and I'm sure Miss Hunter will learn that very quickly, too. I hope you continue to enjoy learning and showing more and more independence. I know Mom & I will do all we can to encourage you in whatever you do.
So, good luck Babe! Have a great year in First Grade. We love you!
1 comment:
Good luck, Sara Sue. I'm sure you'll have a great time and grow a lot!
Post a Comment