If you want to know why I am skeptical about Obama's rhetoric stating he would be a new and different kind of President, the appointment of Rahm Emanuel as Chief of Staff is Exhibit A. While it is true that Emanuel's background in both the Executive and Legislative branches of government fit the job description, it would be pretty difficult to find a more partisan choice.I'll keep an open mind for now, but my gut says that actions speak louder than words. (Sigh.)
2 comments:
The President Elect (I keep having to type that to try and get it into my head!) is a practical idealist. He is the ideals, Rahm is the practical. Also known as walk softly and carry a big stick - Rahm is the stick.
I was actually afraid Obama might pull a Carter or Clinton and have a hard time finding his footing... Rahm means they know exactly how to get things done.
Rahm may be the practical, but couldn't Obama have found another "practical" that wasn't so polarizing right from the get-go? We'll just have to see how it goes.
Post a Comment