Friday, March 14, 2008

Trimming Up

In case you don't know, I'm on a quest to lose weight. After losing the job last Spring, I was constantly at home where there is ready access to food on demand at the slightest twinge of hunger. I even started eating breakfast every morning. But when I was working, I never used to eat breakfast (except on the weekends) and would never snack during the day. So, when I was home I ended up gaining 10 pounds or so, which was on top of the 20 or so pounds I was already needing to lose. Anyway, as a pseudo-New Year's resolution I decided to attempt to lose 25 pounds by my 40th birthday in May. And I'm pleased to say I've already lost 17 pounds since the first of the year. Basically all I've been doing is counting my calories and making sure I don't take in more than I naturally burn in a day. Definitely can't eat as many cookies or drink quite as much 2% milk anymore, but my waistbands are thanking me and my face is looking less like I'm taking steroids. I'm not looking like Matthew McConaughey quite yet, but at least I'm closer to that now than I was to John Goodman a few weeks ago.

Will keep you posted on my progress down the line.

No comments: