Wednesday, September 29, 2004
Innocent days
In the last couple of weeks my elementary school has come up in conversation on three separate occasions. (Isn’t it weird how random subjects pop up in succession sometimes?) This has caused me to reflect back on a much more innocent time. I remember riding my bike to school and seeing just how fast I would allow myself to go down the big hill between Glenmere Drive & Wynwood Road without using my brakes. I remember being a member of the Safety Patrol, bravely holding out my arms to stop my fellow students who apparently would have mindlessly walked out into traffic without me. I remember the crossing guard who was about 80 years old who was there every morning without fail. When I went on to Middle School, I would walk to school and cut through four different people’s yards in the process. I remember various cut-through paths that I would use on different occasions: Hall Road to Longwood, Dellwood to the high school football field, Thornley to Southern Blvd, the upper field of the elementary school to Dale Drive. Life was sure much more simple then. And when I consider my life now, with a job to go to, bills to pay, a lawn to mow, and a family to take care of, it is fun to think that those innocent days are just around the corner for my baby girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment