Wow, Sara Sue - it seems like it was just a few weeks ago I was writing you as you began Second Grade, and now tomorrow is your first day of Third Grade. Time is going way too quickly for your dear old Dad! I've probably mentioned this before, but it's such a great highlight of my life just watching you grow up. And now to think that in just 10 years you will be off to college... ACK!! Nevermind... let's stay in the present.
It was pretty apparent that Second Grade was a walk in the park for you. It's a credit to you that you didn't get too bored and always maintained a great attitude. I often kind of felt guilty making you do your homework simply because it was so obvious you had mastered everything on there and that your homework assignments were really just busy-work that you had to do so that the other kids didn't feel too stupid. (I realize that part of this perspective is probably seeing your intelligence and capabilities with rose colored glasses, but I do think there is a lot of truth to it.) I think Third Grade will be slightly more challenging for you, but I have no doubt you will excel. My hope for you this year is that you will become more independent, that you embrace newfound responsibilities, and that you seek new challenges for yourself. Have a great year!
No comments:
Post a Comment