Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Back in Business


OK, for those of you in hibernation for the last several months, let me try to give you the Cliffs Notes version of our lives in 2007:

In April (Friday the 13th) I got laid off (see blog entry below). Shortly thereafter Elisa & I decided to put the house on the market and move to LA to be back closer to her family and some friends that have moved west over the years. We spent May doing a bunch of upgrades on the house, in June we sold the house in 6 days (so fortunate!), and in July we closed on the sale and drove cross-country to LA. We arrived at the end of July.

Thankfully Elisa got a job soon after we arrived teaching at Oxnard College, so at least we have had some income. I spent a few years as her sugar daddy, so she's been my sugar momma this fall. However, I got a job offer last week and will start working in west LA in a couple of weeks at a small commercial real estate lending and brokerage firm - very excited about the opportunity. Sara Sue is 3 1/2 and in preschool 2 days a week. She's becoming quite the comedienne - she loves to make people laugh (see above).

Since arriving in CA we have been living with Elisa's sister's family who have been so amazingly generous, accommodating and patient over the last months. It has been an excellent added bonus to see what good buddies Sara Sue and her cousin Lucy have become, and it's also been great to be here during little Dougie's first several weeks of life and be able to help Goose as needed. (Goose affectionately calls me her "Manny.") However there will soon be another adjustment period for everyone because we are moving into a house in Woodland Hills (in “The Valley”) during the last week of November.

It's been a whirlwind few months, to say the least. It's been no fun to be missing an income, but it's been TONS of fun to be with Sara Sue and Elisa so much and living the adventure with them. Part of me was a little bummed to be accepting the job since it will mean time away from them that I have really enjoyed. But considering the big cashier's check we submitted to the escrow company today, I guess it's time I got back to business.

And hopefully back to blog writing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Glad you're back!