Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I'm Annoying!

Elisa & I have been married for almost 11 years. You would think that we would have settled into a groove of cohabitation by now, and I suppose we have for the most part. But just in the last few days Elisa has subtly (and once not-so-subtly) made me aware of three things that she wishes I would change:
1. I need to wrap up the fresh ginger when it has been partially used.
2. I should push in my chair after I get up from the dinner table.
3. I need to respond somehow when she talks to me to acknowledge I’m listening.
These things took me aback at first. I mean, we’ve been a couple for over 13 years, and I still do things that bother her. I know I do other annoying things as well. Then I thought: If SHE can’t stand me at times, what about my friends and co-workers? Man, I must be unbearable!! But I really can’t worry about them. I just thank the Big Man Upstairs that my wife loves me, warts and all.

1 comment:

Michael said...

While many of us have talked behind your back about your annoying habits with the fresh ginger, I assure you that most of us find you generally tolerable. :)